Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dresden Remade



I liked working on this quilt. Mint is not my favorite shade of green, but it makes a nice backing for vivid violets, earthy greens and bolder Asian patterns. When this is done it's going to have a lot of visual pop. I'm also happy to have a chance to use up some scraps. After Christmas my scrap bags runneth over.

This section took about a week (I handsew veeeeerrry slowly these days) and since there are nineteen more plates to repatch it's going to take a couple of months to finish repairing this quilt. Still, it was the break I needed, and I'm quite pleased with how my color experiment turned out with this one.

3 comments:

Dawn Montgomery said...

Wow! When I quilt I use vibrant colors. It's refreshing to see them pop with such a light background. It looks just gorgeous!

Ann said...

It does look beautiful. I'd love to see it when you finish.

Charlene said...

So much better than pastel.