Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guild Scrap Challenge

My guild's challenge for February was to make a quilted piece out of one new fat quarter plus all the leftover scraps from our last sewing project, which for me was repairing the dresden quilt plate.

I don't know if I'll finish the embellishments and surface needlework in time for the March 1st deadline, but here's what I have finished so far:



The tough part of the challenge is that we couldn't trim or cut the leftover scraps; we had to use them in as-is condition (which is why I went with a crazy quilt.) The darkest amethyst patches were my new fabric, which I thought added a good deep note. Here's a close-up:



I had to put this aside in order to finish a project for work (will I ever finish anything I start in the sewing room this month?) but I'm hoping to pick it up this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every piece of quilting you do that I have seen is BEAUTIFUL. I love your creative style of quilting. Thank you for wanting to show it off.

Rain D.

Charlene said...

Pretty! I love crazy quilts.

Lyncee said...

I agree with the above comment - it's beautiful as are all the pieced you do.

Lyncee