Wednesday, February 11, 2009

No. 16 Taking a break



This is as far as I've gotten on the piece. I'm still not very happy with it. Some of the fibers I'm working with remind me of fur, and everytime I look at it now it looks hairy. My level of frustration is high enough that I know I need to take a break from it and do something else for a couple of days.

Fortunately I have a couple of repair jobs waiting in the sewing room, so I think I'll work on some traditional quilts for the next week.

4 comments:

Dawn Montgomery said...

I wonder if you'd be willing to show pics of how you repair quilts. I've never seen it done.

Lynn Viehl said...

It's not difficult if you're working with a cotton quilt that is structurally sound and just needs some patchwork (I recommend really expensive/rare antique quilts be repaired only by a professional conservationist, though, because they're not only worth $$$$ but they're also a piece of history.) I could put up some photos of what I do and write the basic instructions to do with it, if you don't think that would bore everyone to tears.

Dawn Montgomery said...

I'm completely fascinated so I'd love to see some photos with instructions, if you don't mind.

Lynn Viehl said...

Dawn, I took some photos today of the dresden quilt I'm working on, and explained the repair technique I'm using, too. Because it ran a little long, I posted it over on the stories blog here.