Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Presents

This afternoon I went out to sweep the porch, and took a peek at the wren's nest. Mama wren was gone, but there was something else in there:



I didn't want to disturb the nest or move the pot, so it took about 30 tries before I could get the camera to focus on the new occupants:



I count four, with one egg still to hatch. The big black dots are the babies' eyes, which are still closed:



Definitely a great day to come into the world, and seeing the new arrivals was a wonderful Easter present for all of us.

4 comments:

Marjorie Liu said...

Oh, wow. Those are beautiful shots, and even more beautiful babies. Our mommy wren built her nest so tightly into our potted lily, that I was never able to see the babies as clearly as that.

nightdragon62 said...

Thanks for sharing. I agree that is a great find for an Easter morning.

raine said...

They're beautiful, Lynn. :)

Charlene said...

Oh, best Easter surprise ever! Great pictures.