Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cover Art (Not)



This is a mock cover for my novel Dreamveil that I made last week to send up to NY. I sometimes make mock covers to better communicate my ideas about cover art, color themes, composition, etc. (and please note, this will NOT be the final/official cover.) It's probably the only decent art project I've done in weeks.

It cost me about three dollars to make. I downloaded the smallest version of this image from Dreamstime, added a transparency of some snow from my own photo collection and the lettering in my photoshop program.

Man's image credit: © Yuri Arcurs | Dreamstime.com

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Good idea, doing a mockup. It's way easier to show than describe a visual idea.

nightsmusic said...

Well, it ought to be! That's an awesome cover :)