Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye Old Pal

For Christmas my family bought me a new Canon Power Shot SX120 IS digital camera, which is sleek and black and probably realigns the Hubble telescope if I press the wrong button:



Seriously, I am really touched and pleased by the gift, which I hope will help me take some better photos in 2010. So I guess it's time to put the old Kodak into retirement, and to pass the torch this is the first picture I took with the new Canon:



Bye, old pal.

In 2010 I won't be posting a new picture every day, but as I promised I will keep the photoblog going and post whatever shots I do take that I think are interesting enough to share. Thanks to all of you who stopped in to comment and cheer me on; you made this project a real joy.

2 comments:

Charlene Teglia said...

And if you get a real wild hair, get yourself a Holga! My goal in 2010 is to play with mine more. It spends too much time in the drawer next to my desk.

nightsmusic said...

I'm glad you're continuing even if you won't be posting every day. I've enjoyed every picture you've taken and am looking forward to more this year.

And wow, what a great gift! Someday, I want a DSLR, but that will probably never happen.