Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Teenagers

Every time I turn around, I find these strange creatures snoozing on my sofa:



If they're not sleeping, they're coercing me into subversive baking. Example: this week the girls had me make a cake version of a scene from George Orwell's Animal Farm for a school project. Basically I baked and constructed the base and offered suggestions on what else to use; they then decorated. Ironically the only thing that isn't edible are the animals on the cake, the coop and the fence.

(Warning before the link: the cake's theme is very graphic and may upset little ones or animal lovers, which is why I'm not posting it up front on the blog page.)

When they told me their idea I made them get an okay on the project from their teacher before the holiday break, but I'm still worried that the end result is a bit too realistic. But then I think video games are too realistic, so maybe I am getting too old for this stuff.

2 comments:

Charlene Teglia said...

You should have them make a Twilight scene next. *laughs and runs away*

nightsmusic said...

Wow! What a...cake! Can you do Custer's Last Stand in buttercream?

hehe