Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First Rose of Spring



I thought my notoriously cranky old rose bush was really done for this past winter, as it was very harsh and the ground froze a bunch of times. Even covering her up at night didn't seem like it would work.

But evidently it did, for she's come back to life again, and has produced five buds this week. They're all much darker than last year's roses, but she never produces the same color from year to year. I think this one will be the first to bloom.

2 comments:

Charlene Teglia said...

What an interesting bush. Different color every year? Glad it's still alive and blooming!

nightsmusic said...

I missed posting here yesterday.

Lovely rose. I adore roses. My plants are greening up nicely and they have lots of buds, but nothing close to a flower yet.