Saturday, August 7, 2010

Marilyn's Colors

I meant to post more pics of the first bloom on my Marilyn Monroe rose bush:



The rose turned out to be the color of butter with a slightly darker apricot heart. Here she is next to a rose from my cranky old heirloom bush (which I'm pretty sure got jealous of the new addition in the garden and finally produced her first rose of the year):



Marilyn's scent is also different from all my other roses; her blooms smell a little like orange blossom. When fully bloomed her petals become very curly and crinkly, which reminds me of Marilyn Monroe's classic hairstyle:



She's a great birthday gift and a really lovely addition to the rose garden.

2 comments:

nightsmusic said...

She's beautiful. And looks lovely side by side with your heirloom rose. I can imagine the fragrance.

Charlene Teglia said...

Oh, she's pretty. And I love the two colors together! She compliments your garden.