Saturday, August 28, 2010

While I've Been Unplugged

I finally got a decent close-up shot of the crab spider living in the oak tree:



Cole and Skye are getting along like true siblings, which means they squabble all the time (and like any little sister, Skye usually wins.) If my flash hadn't messed up this shot, it would probably be the funniest pic I've taken all year:



My cranky old heirloom rosebush is making up for a barren spring by putting out some of the most spectacular blooms I've seen from it in years:



I'm not ready to plug back in just yet (I have three novels in various stages of production to wrap up by Wednesday) but I think the batteries are finally beginning to recharge.

5 comments:

nightsmusic said...

You've been missed {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} but it looks like you've been entertained! The dogs are too cute and I had to look for a minute to see what was really going on there. LOL!

I've never seen a crab spider! That thing is really cool.

My rose bushes are still putting out this year, but I'm not sure why. Usually, they're done by now. Not that I'm complaining, mind...

Charlene Teglia said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as a crab spider. Wow. Love the look on Cole's face in that shot. Yay for 3 novels and recharging!

raine said...

That rose is absolutely gorgeous!
Love late-bloomers. :)

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
I have felt the urge to re-charge also. School, specifically Anatomy/Physiology has been tough. I made it through and to reward myself, I did absolutely nothing this weekend except what I wanted to do: read for fun! Take care, lady!
Tami
Jacksonville

Tom, Emily & Brenna said...

I love the squabbling picture, it made me laugh. Nope, nope Ma, I am absolutely NOT biting my sister. ;-)

Glad you are recharging!