Sunday, September 5, 2010

Journal Beauty

I've been trying to make my journals more visually interesting with found objects and small mixed-media collages that tie in with whatever I write for the day.

A peacock feather left over from my GSC crazy quilt project made it into the journal today (which is good because it's been stuck in my paintbrush jar gathering dust since last April):



I used a piece torn from of an old watercolor I wasn't happy with as a backdrop because the outside feathers got lost against the dark green of the journal page:



Now if I can just figure out how to glue-stick an old canvas into my journal . . . .

1 comment:

nightsmusic said...

You have such a great eye for things. If you ever lose your mind and quit writing (though you'd best not!) you could create a line of journals and things. ;o)