Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'll Be Watching You

My mom finds the strangest things at garage sales and junk shops. Like this recent acquisition:



Yes, the pancake has an eye. The artwork appears to be a cheap print (like the stuff they sell at Wal-Mart now), and from the condition it's probably from the sixties. I don't recognize the artist. This is the backing:



Not sure what the writing means, but here's a close-up of that:



I don't know that I'm ever going to be able to go back to the International House of Pancakes without thinking of it. I did try running an image search but since I don't have a title to work with no luck there.

Does anyone recognize the art, or is this probably just another anonymous surrealistic knock-off from that era?

1 comment:

Charlene Teglia said...

Maybe somebody was a John Prine fan. "A bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down, and it won".