Sunday, January 2, 2011

Le Bain



We decided our first project for 2011 was to update/renovate our smallest bathroom, which has always felt a little claustraphobic and dingy. My guy painted over the yellowish white walls with swiss coffee, an antique white that has violet and taupe undertones. I removed a black wire rack I'd been using for towels; that added more room (I can store the towels in the cabinets under the counter.)

We also got rid of the previous dark blue and gold sun/moon theme and went with Target's Home Southern Palm Collection for the linens, which are white and a medium light green. I didn't like the coordinating counter stuff, which were clear glass and chrome with etched palms on them, so I picked out some antique-styled bottle green glass and bronze accessories.

The room now looks about two times bigger and feels much more spacious. Very happy with the final results. But can you tell what's missing from the picture?

6 comments:

Anne Velosa said...

The image of the person taking the photo in the mirror?

Ayla said...

first thing i noticed was you weren't in the reflection. any of them. that's a pretty cool trick right there.

Lynn Viehl said...

Ah, you're both wise to me. :) I was in the mirror reflections, until I photoshopped myself out of the picture.

Anne Velosa said...

I love that program!

Charlene Teglia said...

Yes, did a vampire take the picture?

nightsmusic said...

Very cool! And, I'm ashamed to say, it took me awhile to figure it out.

Oh, and the bathroom looks very nice! :o)