Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Smudged Sunrise

The air seemed to be golden pink when I got up this morning to walk the dogs. The clouds slowly turned peachy, too, so I stopped on the way home from school drop-offs to watch the sunrise:



The pink wasn't showing up on my display, so I tried a different angle:



Which didn't work, so I took another few steps, and promptly fell on my face, thanks to this:



Luckily I didn't land on the wrong hip or knee. Next time I think I'll check the ground before I put my head in the clouds.

2 comments:

nightsmusic said...

I know it's not funny, but you really made me laugh. Small price to pay for a gorgeous picture though. Especially since I'm sitting here, looking out the window at almost a foot of snow. And it's still coming down.

raine said...

Agree. Glad you're ok (careful!)...but I'd almost be willing to risk a fall for a sunset like that about now.
Such a thing is a dim memory this time of year!
Beautiful.