Monday, March 19, 2012

Quilt Show 2012

Illness and my latest release forced me to miss the county quilt show I go to every year, but I made up for it by catching another, smaller guild show I've never attended. Small quilt shows are much more personal, and everyone from the guild was delightful. I chatted with one very knowledgable lady about restoration and preservation, and later found out she is also an author and a professional quilter.

Here's one of her quilts:



The guild issued a basket challenge to their membership for the show, and all the challenge quilts were amazing. This is the one I liked best:



One quilter made this beauty completely out of silk scraps:



The only complaint I can make is that the lighting was not too great, so about half of the pictures I took didn't turn out. Still, it was fun and got me out of the house. To see a slideshow of the pictures I took that did turn out, click here.

4 comments:

nightsmusic said...

Gorgeous!

I love the basket you chose. The peacock and spider are amazing, but I think my choice is the vest. So pretty.

That must be a huge guild to have so many beautiful quilts unless they were allowed multiple entries. In that case, I am in awe...

Charlene Teglia said...

Some spectacular quilts. Love the celtic knots.

Lynn Viehl said...

Theo wrote: That must be a huge guild to have so many beautiful quilts unless they were allowed multiple entries. In that case, I am in awe...

They are a middle-size guild but they have some extremely talented/experience quilters among their ranks, and they are committed to quilting as an art. I saw some techniques used in this show that completely dazzled me and that you don't see at much bigger events.

Lynn Viehl said...

Charlene wrote: Some spectacular quilts. Love the celtic knots.

Those were two of my favorites among the bigger pieces, too.