Tuesday, July 24, 2012

To Reiterate

I've been getting a few e-mails about this, so I'm going to use today's post to revisit some pics while I explain my policy on others making use of my photos.

First, where you are: PBWindow is an amateur photoblog featuring the original work of Yours Truly, Lynn Viehl.



Over on the sidebar there I've stated my policy about use of my images, which in a nutshell is this: you can borrow any of mine and use any of them for educational or non-profit purposes. This includes featuring them as part of a post on your weblog or website news page, posting on sites like Pinterest and Facebook, etc.



If you do use one of my images a credit link back to PBWindow would be nice. It is not, however, mandatory. If you'd rather not give me credit for my work I'm not going to yell at you, send you a takedown notice or otherwise harrass you. I might think you're an ingrate but that's all.



To find a specific type of image to use, click on the appropriate tag on LABELS section on the sidebar. I take photos of Nature, critters, art and quilts, mostly, and occasionally some of the lovely, strange or funny things I see out in the world.



I post my photos for free on the internet for the enjoyment of others, and as such I expect them to remain free. You do NOT have the right to use my images in any endeavor to generate profit of any kind for yourself or others. What this means is that I don't allow people to sell or resell my images as part of any commercial project (like a self-published e-book.) This also includes any effort to fundraise for charity purposes.

What you MAY use my images for: promotional items, giveaway items, free e-books, amateur online web sites or pages, or basically any project that doesn't involve a monetary exchange.



If you're still not sure if the use you have planned is acceptable to me, you're always welcome to send a query by e-mail to LynnViehl@aol.com and ask. Put PBWindow Image Use in the subject line if you would so I know what it's about, and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

2 comments:

Ayla said...

I occasionally save your photos to use as background images on my laptop :D i know it's ok becaus i asked you the first time i did it. You take some amazing pictures.

nightsmusic said...

What happens when you find an image and you see it all over and you can't find anyone or anything to credit it to? I've had occasion where I've found a stunning image and absolutely no information on it, no matter what I try to find.

I have one image I used once where I tried to contact the artist three or four times and never had any response at all, so I used it, credited it and linked to him. I never heard anything back.