(I've put up some posts to auto-publish while I'm offline. Any comments you care to leave will likely not show up right away as my stand-in moderator works days.)
For the month of August I've been working in series on the 1K Cards Project, and using one fat quarter of violet batik fabric I love plus beads, old jewelry and quilting to make a special card set.
This old cracked abalone pendant wasn't wearable, so I decided to incorporate it as part of one of the violet cards:
Using broken bits gives me a chance to repurpose, and since I hate throwing away anything I've plenty to work with:
Although it's simple I like the way this one came out; the contrasting Sulky holoshimmer thread looks a bit like copper: