Monday, October 8, 2012

Dragonfly



I spotted this lovely bug in the grass while I was walking the dogs this morning, and when I came back sans pups to the same spot he hadn't moved.



On closer inspection I confirmed he wasn't going anywhere, and it made me a little sad to realize why.



He and his buddies have buzzed around my yard all summer (I love watching their wings glitter in the sunlight), and I've wanted to paint them, but they never lit anywhere long enough for me to take a reference pic. So in death this little guy gave me one last gift: a chance to get close enough to take one.

1 comment:

nightsmusic said...

They buzz around my yard too and they're beautiful to watch. How sad this though. It looks like he knew and wanted to leave the opportunity he couldn't afford you in life.