Friday, December 7, 2012

1K Cards Project October Update



During all the chaos that was November I neglected to post an update on my 1000 Cards project, so I've created a little slide show of what I was able to accomplish back in October before I got caught up in NaNoWriMo.

I crocheted seven cards, quilted six photographs, and made two flowers from Etsy suppliers into cards. I also wrote a poem on four watercolor cards; did a quilted series of collage cards with real pearls, and played with vintage buttons to make seven mixed-media cards. I learned a new skill by teaching myself needle felting while creating another four (I have a lot of practicing to do, too, because felting is nowhere near as easy as it looks.) Two palm-sized mirrors became cards, but after cutting myself twice I stopped playing with glass, and eighteen photos became cards; most are of my daughter at an important band competition.

I didn't make any cards in November because I just had too much on my plate, so I have 193 cards to go before I reach 1000. While I'm still not sure I'll finish before the end of the year, I'll definitely have more time to work on the project this month. We'll see how I do by the end of December.

No comments: