Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pine Moon

According to the calendar the moon will be full on Monday, and when I walked the dogs late this afternoon I saw it hovering over the pines:



It was really lovely, and I wanted to get a picture of it with the pines, but the camera wouldn't focus.



I zoomed in on just the moon, and the background on the display screen went black. Many attempts to focus on the moon thereafter failed, but one shot did come out not so blurry:



The sky was still blue, but zooming in on the moon turned it black. I guess it has something to do with the brightness of the light and the camera's auto mode. Rather odd, but a neat effect just the same.

2 comments:

nightsmusic said...

Still a good shot, even if the background is black. I have yet to get a good shot of the moon. They all look like little specks of dust regardless of the camera used.

Lynn Viehl said...

For years I've been trying to shoot the moon (pardon the pun) with no success, Theo. Then weirdly last year it worked once. This is only my second clear moon-surface pic to date.