Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hang Spring



Winter is finally giving over to Spring here, so I thought I'd devote some photos this week to how I celebrate it. Here's a lovely sunflower quilt that I bought at the county quilt show this year; I love the composition and how the maker managed to patch the composition out of nothing more than little squares and triangles. I always have quilts hanging around the house, but during Spring I change most of them to florals or lighter pieces to give more of that Springtime feel to the house.

2 comments:

nightsmusic said...

Very pretty! I've been looking at my really drab walls trying to figure out what I want to do. I forgot how many quilts I have in storage. This might just be the thing.

Lynn Viehl said...

Our decor is very casual, beach-cottage style so the quilts work out nicely on walls where I don't have art hanging. I still haven't done anything with one hall that is too narrow to hang quilts; I might try one of those clusters of framed photos or small artworks.