Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cranberry Bliss Cookies

During the holidays I have to stay away from Starbucks so I'm not tempted by their cranberry bliss bars, aka the most fabulous winter treat ever. Then I wondered if I could invent my own version of them, and played around with one of my favorite ginger cookie recipes, adding white chocolate chips and dried cranberries to the dough, which resulted in these:



After tasting this first batch I will admit they're a bit too intense to really match the bars Starbucks makes; this probably due to a combination of lots of ginger + blackstrap molasses in the original recipe. I think I will have to tone down the spices and possibly use less molasses. Also have not figured out how to work in the cream cheese icing in my version. Still, it was a fun (and tasty!) first try.

No comments: