Friday, October 10, 2014

Keeper Collections

Art is a good means of expressing what is precious to us, often in the form of a keepsake, and I did a lot of that with my 1000 cards project. I also created a number of ATC collections in keepsake fashion. Here are three I'm keeping for my kids:



Eastern philosophy has always resonate with me, especially Zen, so I created ATCs with some of my favorite philisophical quotations.



This little quilted pouch holds ATCs that contain my all-time favorite poem by e.e. cummings.



The background of the poem cards was made by recycling my 2011 office calendar.



The largest collection of ATCs I made for the project was this fabric box filled with all the pictures I took on the day I visited a quilt show. Lovely day, and very happy I preserved the memories of it this way.

No comments: